15th edition of Asia’s prestigious marathon launches with new title sponsor & logo
New race category introduced on popular demand – timed 10K run
Race Day on 21st January 2018; Registrations now open
Procam International today announced that the iconic Mumbai Marathon is now – the TATA Mumbai Marathon. The salt to software conglomerate, Tata Group, with over 100 independent operating companies, will be the title sponsor of Asia’s most prestigious and one of the world’s top 10 marathons. The Tata Mumbai Marathon will be jointly sponsored by the Tata Group and Tata Consultancy Services. The USD 405,000 event, in its 15th edition, will keep its date with runners in Maximum City for the third Sunday of January 2018.
- NEW IDENTITY: Celebrating this landmark year and the new association, the event launched the new logo embracing the true spirit of the host city and running. The inspiration for the new logo of the Tata Mumbai Marathon is the Mumbai city and its seven islands. From the space, inside the ‘seven islands of Mumbai’ emerges the shape of a runner, energetically moving forward like the bustling city itself. The logo’s vibrant colours represent a celebration of the diversity – the true spirit of a cosmopolitan Mumbai.
- TIMED 10K RUN: Keeping in mind the popularity of the Dream Run and to give a fillip to the emerging runner community, for the first time, there will be a 10K timed run exclusively via charity. This timed 10K Run is available only for participants above 15 years of age, who want to make a difference by running for charity. The application form for charity running places will be available with the NGOs registered with the Event’s Philanthropy Partner, United Way Mumbai. Charity running places will not be available after 30th November 2017 or as soon as running places are filled, whichever is earlier.
- YOUNG RUNNER CRITERIA in TIMED 10K RUN: To encourage, young aspiring runners, within the 10K category, there are a limited number of running places reserved for applicants, between 15 years and less than 18 years of age. The Charity Criteria will not be applicable to this section and these running places will be accepted on first come first served basis via online registration at tatamumbaimarathon.procamrunning.in.
- WOMEN RUNNER CRITERIA in TIMED 10K RUN: For all the women participants, who do not have a timing certificate and are eager to join the running band wagon, a limited number of seats are also reserved for them via charity.
- WOMEN’S CRITERIA in HALF MARATHON (Timed runner only): Considering the improving quality of women runners and to motivate and encourage more participation, limited number of running places are reserved for women applicants in the half marathon category, who will need to submit a timing certificate to receive confirmation. Applications under this criterion will be accepted until 30th November 2017 or as soon as running places are filled, whichever is earlier.
- SOUND OF THE EVENT: Another embellishment to the Tata Mumbai Marathon is the exclusive ‘Event Anthem’ that has been composed by the dynamic duo Salim–Sulaiman and sung by the energetic Sukhwinder Singh. The lyrics of the anthem have been penned by noted lyricist and Padma Shri awardee, Prasoon Joshi. The ‘Anthem’ titled ‘Nikal Pado tho Mumkin Hai’ was launched with a live performance at a power-packed launch conference.
- GUEST OF HONOUR: One of the greatest sporting icons, ‘King’ Haile Gebrselassie graced the launch of the event. His passion for the sport, his amiable personality and love for the event added charm to the evening.
In keeping up with expectations of the runners, this year, the running places have been increased to 46,000 across the six different categories.
|1.||Online registrations can be done through the event website http://tatamumbaimarathon.procamrunning.in|
|2.||Duly filled entry forms with the requisite entry fee can be mailed to P.O. Box No. 11017, Marine Lines Post Office, Mumbai – 400 020.|
|3.||Mumbai residents can also deposit their application forms with the requisite application fees at select Asics stores and select Selection Centre Sports stores details of which are available on the event website.|
|4.||Entry forms will also be available at select Asics stores, select Selection Centre Sports stores, Asian Heart Institute, United Way Mumbai office and available for download online at http://tatamumbaimarathon.procamrunning.in|