As a precursor to the 2014 edition of Airtel Delhi Half Marathon (ADHM) – Delhi’s largest annual sporting celebration – registrations for the event were declared open recently. On Sunday, November 23 2014, the Indian Capital will witness, once again, thousands of runners coming together to celebrate the power of perseverance and self belief by participating in a sporting event that has played an increasingly prominent role in bringing people closer to the vibrant and spirited side of Delhi.
Approximately 32,000 professional athletes, serious runners, and health and fitness enthusiasts from different corners of the globe and Delhi are expected to participate in the event. This will include many of the world’s best long distance athletes.
Besides the Half Marathon, which occupies pride of place, Race Day will include the ‘DHL Corporate Champions’, ‘Great Delhi Run’, the ‘Senior Citizen’s Run’, and the ‘Wheelchair Event’, giving every Delhiite a chance to believe in themselves and run for glory. The route offers runners a beautiful glimpse of the historic city, passing eminent landmarks that include Parliament House, Rajpath, India Gate, Delhi Golf Club, Lodhi Road and Sansad Marg.
Commenting on the occasion, Sarang Kanade, Hub CEO – Delhi NCR and Rajasthan, Bharti Airtel said, “Airtel Delhi Half Marathon is symbolic of enthusiasm and the vivacious spirit of Delhi. Year on Year, the marathon has been growing bigger, touching the pulse of millions of people from all walks of life including health & fitness enthusiasts and sport lovers. The time has come for the people of Delhi to celebrate the city’s interminable spirit and run alongside world’s best long distance athletes at the Airtel Delhi Half Marathon. As a brand connecting millions of people, we are both proud and excited about taking our association forward for the 7th year running with Delhi’s annual sporting celebration.”
Speaking about the 2014 edition, Vivek B Singh, Jt. Managing Director, Procam International said, “Delhi is three months away from witnessing its largest annual celebration in the form of the Airtel Delhi Half Marathon 2014. We look forward to experiencing another day of sporting action, adventure and brilliance in our historic Capital City. At Procam International, we continue to advance the professional standards of the event in order for it to remain among the best road running competitions in the world. We would also like to welcome our sponsors Cigna TTK Health Insurance, Jabong.com, TUI, Volini and India Cares and express our gratitude to our sponsors and partners for their steadfast support.”
Registration process for Airtel Delhi Half Marathon 2014
- Registrations can be done online through the event website www.adhm.procamrunning.in or duly filled entry forms, along with the applicable fee, can be mailed to P.O. Box No. 3634, Lajpat Nagar, New Delhi -110 024
- Application forms are available online, at Le Meridien Hotel at Windsor Place, India Cares office, Reebok outlets in Delhi & NCR (between 11 am & 6 pm), Airtel Relationship Centres / Retail Stores in Delhi & NCR (between 11 am & 8 pm) and TUI Stores in Delhi & NCR (between 11 am & 6 pm). Local Delhi & NCR residents can also deposit their application forms along with requisite entry fees at these outlets.
- Further details can be got from the event helpline number +91 96500 33333, toll free for Airtel subscribers and chargeable as per standard call rates for non-Airtel subscribers, which will be open from 10 am to 7 pm, Monday to Saturday.
- Registration details can also be sourced from the event website www.procamrunning.in. The E-mail id is email@example.com
- For more information, one can also visit www.airtel.in/adhm