In the last 6 months we have witnessed multiple launches of wearable such as fitness bands, heart rate monitors, sleep tracking devices etc. Recently, Fitbit Inc., the leader in the connected health and fitness market, launched in India with availability through Amazon.in of its full line of top products (Fitbit Surge™, Fitbit Charge HR™, Fitbit Charge™, Fitbit Flex™, Fitbit One™, Fitbit Zip™ and Aria™ Wi-Fi Smart Scale). The Fitbit devices offers people a fun and engaging experience, providing insights and guidance for users to get the most out of their devices and help them reach their health and fitness goals.
With the increasing focus on health and fitness and turning to technology to help us reach our goals as a result of multiple factors, including changing consumer lifestyles and demographics, and rising healthcare costs. According to Healthy India, the country tops the world in the health disability burden due to heart and lifestyle diseases (more than all industrial countries combined) and is the diabetes capital of the world, with the rate of increase set to triple by 2025.
“With a growing focus on personal health, fitness and wellbeing across India, and the strong demand for mobile devices and technology in the market, Fitbit is thrilled to provide consumers in India with our full line of trackers—at affordable prices across all mobile platforms—ensuring that everyone can find the right fit for their lifestyle and their goals,” said James Park, CEO and Co-Founder of Fitbit. “Our mission has always been to deliver innovation through exceptional, wearable design in a way that empowers consumers with greater knowledge of their overall health, while understanding that everyone’s approach to health and fitness is different.”
Diverse Product Family to Reach Any Health & Fitness Goal
Fitbit understands there is no “one size fits all” option in fitness, as consumers have a wide-range of needs and preferences – from people interested in improving their health through everyday activities like walking to work, to more active consumers looking to maximize their fitness. The Fitbit platform combines connected health and fitness devices with software and services, including an online dashboard and mobile apps, data analytics, motivational and social tools, personalized insights, and virtual coaching through customized fitness plans and interactive workouts. The platform helps people become more active, exercise more, sleep better, eat smarter, and manage their weight. Fitbit offers variety within its family of health and fitness products that motivate consumers to stay active, live better and reach their goals.
Starting with the latest products announced in the Fitbit family of trackers, Fitbit Charge, Fitbit Charge HR and Fitbit Surge are designed to take users from the Fitbit tracker for Everyday they already know, to the Fitbit tracker for Active and Performance:
- Fitbit Charge: A high-performance activity and sleep wristband that delivers all-day activity tracking, real-time fitness stats and Caller ID right on the wrist for people who want to step up their everyday activities to improve their overall health
- Fitbit Charge HR: An advanced fitness tracker that delivers PurePulse™ continuous wrist-based heart rate tracking, all-day activity tracking, Caller ID and automatic sleep detection for active consumers looking to push their fitness further. Fitbit Charge HR includes all the great benefits of Fitbit Charge, plus:
- Fitbit Surge: A Fitness Super Watch that combines popular features like GPS, PurePulse continuous wrist-based heart rate tracking, all day fitness tracking with smartwatch functionality in one device for people dedicated to reaching their peakperformance
The Fitbit family of trackers also includes Fitbit Flex, Fitbit One, Fitbit Zip and the Fitbit Aria Wi-Fi Smart Scale to help everyday users make every step count with everyday activities to improve their overall health and fitness:
- Fitbit Flex: A stylish activity and sleep-tracking wristband that offers a slim, minimalistic design for people that are goal-oriented and want more flexibility in accessorizing; tracks steps taken, distance traveled, calories burned, active minutes and sleep; 5 days of battery life
- Fitbit One: An advanced clip-based activity and sleep tracker that tracks steps taken, distance traveled, calories burned, floors climbed and sleep; 10-14 days battery life
- Fitbit Zip: A fun, simple clip-based activity tracker that tracks steps taken, distance traveled and calories burned; up to 6 months of battery life
- Aria Wi-Fi Smart Scale: A high-end performance scale that tracks weight, BMI and body fat percentage over time; wirelessly syncs stats with online graphs and mobile tools that provide a long-term overview of progress
Pricing & Availability
The full-line of Fitbit products are available now for pre-order nationwide on Amazon.in at www.amazon.in/fitbit or through the Amazon Shopping App for Android, iOS and Windows.
- Fitbit Surge (MSRP 19,990 INR); available in black, blue3 and tangerine3
- Fitbit Charge HR (MSRP 12,990 INR); available in black, plum, blue3 and tangerine3
- Fitbit Charge (MSRP 9,990 INR) available in black, blue
- Fitbit Flex (MSRP 6,990 INR); available in 10 colors – black, slate, navy, red, tangerine3, teal3, violet3, lime3 and pink3
- Fitbit One (MSRP 6,990 INR); available in black and burgundy
- Fitbit Zip (MSRP 3,990 INR); available in charcoal, magenta
- Fitbit Aria (MSRP 9,990 INR); available in black and white